Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Manufacturing Management Software Recommendation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YZ1997

Mechanical
May 10, 2021
US
My company is looking for a way to streamline our testing and data logging process. Right now when we have a finished product, we will have a technician go through a testing checklist to verify the product meets the specification, then a chief engineer must approve the test parameters before the product is shipped. But we are using a process where the technician needs first to go ask an engineer for the checklist, the engineer will go into our company's outdated system to check options/add-ons for that product and create a checklist from a template. The checklist is printed and given the technician for testing. After everything, the data can only be stored in our local server by manually put into a excel file.

I'm looking for recommendation for some kind of low-code platform that perhaps can assign each product a QR code so the technician can simply scan the code and pull up the checklist with a tablet. After he completes the checklist, the parameter can be sent to engineers for approval and stored digitally.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should have the chief engineer approve the parameters before the order is accepted, and checklists and such should be prepared before manufacturing begins.

Mike Halloran
Corinth, NY, USA

Hello,

Project checklists are not the most exciting thing on earth and it should be prepared before design and manufacture begins. I suggest you to use QA templates and a checklist to complete the process.

Github and Maven are also two good free testing tools which you can customize and work on.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back