Manufacturing Pressure vessels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

semecorp

Industrial
Apr 6, 2008
US
Greetings,

Could use some help, direction,generic dwgs, book suggestions or other information.
Currently working on laying out a small PV fabricating facility.
Some Generic info:
Double wall vessels
12-20 per year
Diameter 42" to 70"
12 bar operating pressure Test to 15
Wall thicknes 1/2"
Domed heads both sides

I am more interested in product flow drawings or information to get ideas of what other think/experiences is the best product flow layout, layout of facility and layout of progressive work cells and steps all the way to testing and shipping.

Please let me know if anyone can help.
Thanks
Mike Z.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This may not be what you're looking for, but . . .

Assuming these are to be ASME certified pressure vessels, you'll be going to an awful lot of expense/hassle for just 12-20 vessels per year. On the surface, it looks like a real money loser.

Mike Z...

Where will this shop be located ? Within or outside of the US. Will there be ASME certification involved ?

I second the comment stated above...12-20 of these small vessels per year is not much of a stretch. Many of the bigger US shops that I am aware of could knock these off in a couple/three weeks.

You shop layout should include recieving/materials storage (often outside) fabrication area (under a 10-20 Ton overhead crane) and a pressure test area. Storage of completed units can be outside or in a covered area. You should have an office area also.

-MJC

SEMECORP...

I agree with your statements of 12-20 per year.
However, I should have clarified that this would only be for the first year. Thus our target for 2008.
The facility would be ASME certified and will be located in the midwest.

I am still hoping for "generic" layouts or a box diagram showing flow to make things clearer and have engineering input.

Thanks
Mike Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back