Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MAPKEYS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Provided that all of the menu picks in your mapkey are the same from one version to another, it should be ok.
I don't think PTC has changed the mapkey syntax, but I can't say for sure as I'm still using WF2.

If everything is set up correctly; meaning that your config file is pointed to correctly, most mapkeys in WF2 will work in WF3. There are some changes in WF to the measure menu which may cause some mapkeys to fail. Addtionally there are some changes to how things are placed in assembly mode, but other than that most mapkeys carry over.

Troy,

There is generally no problem with mapkeys that have been created in WF2 translating to WF3. IF you have created your own icons they will need to added to your toolbars again (Customize).

If there is a specific mapkey that you have created before that is not working now, then the best bet if to drive it from the menus and check that that was the way the menus were set up in WF2. If they arfe not, then you will need to madify the mapkey.

Just to pick up on Mark's comment about measure mapkeys. I used to have my own in WF2, but have found that in WF3 adding the toolbar for Analysis to my desktop and adding some more of the standard PTC mapkeys to it was more than enough. It did take a few days, but I now think that the measure tool is better than WF2 and requires less clicks.

Kevin

“It is a mathematical fact that fifty percent of all doctors graduate in the bottom half of their class." ~Author Unknown

"If two wrongs don't make a right, try three." ~Author Unknown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back