Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Masking Material & Analyzing Phosphorus content

Status
Not open for further replies.

isotherma

Chemical
May 13, 2003
US
thanks for helps regarding the following two questions:
1. I'm looking for a good masking material for hard chrome plating -- durable and peelable, preferrably with bright colors. If anyone knows a good supplier can give information about them, it will be great.
2. How to do the volumetric analysis of phosphous content in EN deposit (not the ICP method, thanks)? I have tried one method introduced in Mallory's EN book, but encountered some bugs in it, and would like to know anyone having similar experience and communicate.
Thank you in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lead foil tape with natural rubber adhesive is probably the most widely used masking for hard chrome, however, you may also have good luck with 7 mil vinyl tape (that will give you pretty much every color of the rainbow and then some).

We stock and slit both of these kinds of tapes, however, any masking supply company is likely able to help you out on this. Let me know if you still are in need of assistance.

Lead foil tape with natural rubber adhesive is probably the most widely used masking for hard chrome, however, you may also have good luck with 7 mil vinyl tape (that will give you pretty much every color of the rainbow and then some).

We stock and slit both of these kinds of tapes, however, any masking supply company is likely able to help you out on this. Let me know if you still are in need of assistance.

Sorry - can't help you on the second question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back