Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass Flow Meter and EGR Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

vizyonist

Automotive
Oct 27, 2003
TR
What is mass flow meter?
What is air flow meter?
What is gas flow meter?

Is one of these connected to EGR valve?

I got an EGR valve error on my Opel Corsa GSI. I changed it a couple of times but problem still goes on. Could the problem be related to one of those aparatus?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

what year is your car, and if you are getting egr code, you have to ck to see if your vacuum control is working, and if so then ck the passages for the egr are clear within the intake. but you need to start by hooking up a vacuum pump and pump down the egr valve and see if your rpms drop.if not you have a flow problem , if so then start cking vacuum controls.

Mass flow meter and air flow meter are the same thing , they meter the intake air flow rate and its temprature.

Have u tested the EGR (using the scan tool ), is it operating properlly?, the rpm should drop down and the engine becomes unsteady when the EGR % increases more than 35% .

The relation between the air flow meter and the EGR operation is that the MAF (mass air flow)meters the amount of incoming air so if the MAF is malfunctioning so the metering is wrong so the air fuel mixture becomes rich for example so the carbon emissions in the exhaust increases and that may cause stucking of the EGR valve and have to be cleaned .

But still you have to tell us what is the problem (explain to us the engine conditions and are there any other codes ) so we can give u more help .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back