Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mass flow meter drifting from actual reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

teoaj

Chemical
Oct 17, 2006
AU
Have you all met this problem of a coriolis mass flow meter shows that there is a flow of 300 liters per hour while there actually has no flow in the flow meter. Futhermore, the reading keeps increasing over the time and the trend of the flow increment is pretty steady.What reasons could possibly contribute to this? Is it because of external vibration? or air bubble inside the flow meter? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

The scale is 0 ~ 16000 liter per hour, with an accuracy of plus minus 0.15%.

Or is this a transmitter problem?

Thanks.

teoaj.

Thanks btrueblood.
My process fluid is just a normal solvent, ethanol.
However, after we repack the line, the meter became to be ok.

Talking about this. My site do have this problem. Its like after issuing the product to a truck. All the valves are shut. But from the control room, it shows that there is flow in the meter. Its really weird. The worst thing is that the meter can go reverse without any flow.

Not sure if it is valve passing or is due to the coriolis meter.

I already had the same problem. In my case was:
We had several lines (tubing) supplied by only one general(mother) line (tube), and each (daugther) line was connected to the mother by TEEs. So, when we were measuring in one line, the liquid was coming up from the mother and, each daugther line which were not measuring in the same time had the liquid movement reverse by "venture force" (decreasing the pressure) , and after the stop off all, the liquid move positive again (reincreasing the pressure), with no end line valvs opened.
The solution were separate the lines or exchange the TEEs for small vessels.
Hope could be clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back