Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mass of an assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzee78

Mechanical
May 24, 2011
US
Hi All,

I am trying to display the total weight of my assembly on a draft but I cannot get the mass to show up with anything but 0.0LBM. I have went into the assembly properties and used %{Mass|R1}as the Name and 0.28298507824 lbm/in^3 as the Value. Am I doing something wrong? All of my parts do have a material applied to them.

Thanks!

Joel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The assembly model gets its mass from the parts, the drawing gets the mass from the assembly model.

So %{Mass|R1} is what you should use for the property text ON THE DRAWING, not in the assembly model. If you are not sure how to do this let us know.
You appear to have added a property called %{Mass|R1} to the assembly model - delete it if you have.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Where would we be without sat-nav?

I deleted the custom property from the properties box but it still does not show the weight on the drawing. I double checked the drawing and it does have the correct formula. I am not sure what is going on with it.

What value does the property text show on the drawing?
Does it show 0 or does it show an error?

bc.
Quadro FX4600.

It could just be the accuracy of the mass measurement - is it less than 0.05?
Try changing the property text to %{Mass/@4|R1} - this will force it to 4dp.

bc.
Quadro FX4600.

Ok, I figured it out. Apparently in my lack of experience with Solid Edge I created a simplified assembly. I uncheck the simplified assembly box and it came in. Thanks for your help, and sorry I am a big dummy. lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back