Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mat Footing with uplift

Status
Not open for further replies.

csaeng

Civil/Environmental
Apr 22, 2008
US
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the professional world and assigned to designing a Concrete Mat footing for a 75 Ft tall tower and it gives me uplift.Can some one suggest me where I can find a design steps (downloadable)with this uplift.

Any help would be greatly appretiated !!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What type of tower are you designing, chimney, transmission tower etc?

When you say uplift, are you referring to hydrostatic pressure trying to push you structure out of the ground or do you have an overturning moment which results in the loss of bearing over a portion of your foundation.

I think you would be better off trying to obtain a hardcopy of a good foundation engineering textbook rather than looking for downloadable material (the best information is never free).

Fang's 'Foundation Engineering' is always good reference material, however, finding a copy of this book is rather difficult.

Downloadable textbooks are available at Engnetbase, however you will be required to sign-up if you are not part of an institution that has subscription to this service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back