Matcad SI unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyp2102

Mechanical
Jun 12, 2020
CH
Hello all,

I have a Matcad worksheet that has been done in imperial unit. I would like to display all the sheet in SI unit automatically, but when I change the Unit system in worksheet option dialog box, nothing really happenned.

Is it possible to do this ? or we need to change all units individually ?

Regards,

Paul

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It is likely that the units were originally typed in rather than using the default units. You will have to delete all result units, then when you change the unit system option they will change.

If you manually entered the imperial units in the results, then yes, you'll need to manually change them.

That said, since version 12 of the original Mathcad, the file format was changed to XML, which is text-editable, so one can imagine an editor macro that replaces imperial with SI. You'd look for

XML:
[b]					<ml:unitOverride>
						<ml:apply>
							<ml:div/>
							<ml:id xml:space="preserve">lbf</ml:id>
							<ml:apply>
								<ml:pow/>
								<ml:id xml:space="preserve">in</ml:id>
								<ml:real>2</ml:real>
							</ml:apply>
						</ml:apply>
					</ml:unitOverride>
[/b]					<result xmlns="[URL unfurl="true"]http://schemas.mathsoft.com/math30">[/URL]
						<unitedValue>
							<ml:real>0.14503773773020923</ml:real>
							<unitMonomial xmlns="[URL unfurl="true"]http://schemas.mathsoft.com/units10">[/URL]
								<unitReference unit="inch" power-numerator="-2"/>
								<unitReference unit="pound_force"/>
							</unitMonomial>
						</unitedValue>
					</result>

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

I was not a real fan of going to XML based on the speed of save/open but the possibilities of external editing is a definite plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back