Mateial selection / Deviation of Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAL02

Mechanical
Sep 2, 2015
KW
Good Morning all !
what is the basis of material selection & standard for any equipment?
If deviation of material observed in RFQ & Quotation for any equipment or spares
what should be the approach in such scenario?

With regards
Girish

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The material selection for any equipment is determined by the Process Engineer and the Materials Engineer.
If deviation from the specified material is detected in RFQ & Quotation, then the RFQ has to be revised to correct the error and the tenderers shall be advised to follow the mentioned correction. Also, if such a gross mistake has been detected in the RFQ, the people who signed the document should be questioned.
Cheers,
gr2vessels

Deviation could be in advance of availability as optiona Lk or alternate, if alternate is invoked, then it be received as such. Else if the RFQ vs quoted is different then is your supplier's mistake. It can happen every day.have gotten I. Trouble many times and I keep an eye on it and I have punish suppliers for trying their practice on me.

Dear good evening!

What is the roll of Reliability engineer in Material selection & procurement?
What is the scope of Reliability engineer (Static Eq., Valve etc.)

With regards

Material selection is based on many different inputs, such as reference documents to experience and by various engineers involved with the design, operation and maintenance of the vessel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back