Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Material Data anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevart

Military
Feb 22, 2006
US
I am looking for material properties to analize designs in nonelinear range of materials: metals as well as plastics. Does anybody can direct me in right direction, does such database exist? Am I to conduct my own testing, if I want to get this data?
Thanks in advance for help

Relevart

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Schiperus, thanks for posting: Matweb is THE database, though it does lack data used in modern FEA analysis for materials on plastic ranges: between yield and ultimate.

Silverhook -- we prefer that you start a new thread when posting a new question. It is also very helpful if you could provide more information than just the designation. The country of origin of the print is really helpful also. If you can give the general material (Steel, Aluminium, Brass, Unobtainium, etc...

Nick
I love materials science!

Thanks Nick.

I have since found the answer. SS41-D is a Japanese grade structural steel, otherwise known as SS400, or JIS G 3101, and it comes in Grades C or D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back