material without hysteresis 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

arivel

Electrical
Feb 19, 2023
IT
Hi everyone. can you advise me please?
I am looking for a solid material without hysteresis with a relative magnetic permeability that goes beyond unity. I don't pretend that it is on par with permalloy or mu-metal but I can be satisfied with a value that is close to 10, if it surpasses it even better.
I need it to make small toroids with enamelled copper wire intended for the creation of an ultra-precise current sensor.
Thank you .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It all depends on the current level you intend to measure, and if AC or DC, and if AC what frequency.

All traditional magnetic materials have some level nonlinear behavior. It all depends on the intricate details of your measurement and your lab setup.

if I asked for a material with magnetic permeability it means that it is AC. it doesn't work in DC.
what I wrote in the first message is clear, "without hysteresis".
I didn't write: with little hysteresis.

It's asking for a material to both be influenced by magnetism and not be altered in the slightest by magnetism.

As far as I know liquid oxygen meets that requirement.

OP: you like raise tough questions, do not you?

so basically you are looking for perm <10, no hysteresis, under AC? I am not aware of such exact material, but composite ferrite might be close to what you need.
Permeability is a function of B. under AC, it is a function of frequency, and it also consists of real and imaginary parts. hysteresis is a function of frequency too. Normally, the higher frequency, he bigger the hysteresis. lots of factors to take into consideration.

superparamagnetic is nothing more than the competition between thermal energy (kT) and anisotropic energy (which is proportional to volume, KuV). when it goes to nano-scale, decreased volume cannot overcome thermal activity, losing its ferromagnetic. So if the material is bulk with large volume, there does not exist superparamagnetic

This might be a property of a Bose-Einstein condensate. Contact your local university physics department and ask for a couple of kilograms to experiment with. Then you just need to scale up to your volume of production. Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back