Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Materials properites 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredkfchan

Mechanical
May 20, 2002
GB
Can anyone tell me how can I find out the physical properties of these materials?(steel or alloy steel, i guess?)

1)AVESTA 253 MA (Wear plate),
2)34 Cr Ni Mo (Guide roll),
3)steel 37 – 26 and
4)Z32 CN24 -13

I don't have any cluse about these special names? so please help. Thank you so much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1. You should be able to find the properties for the Avesta grade at their website-- .

2. 34 CrNiMo6 is a European designation for a heat-treatable alloy steel with 0.carbon content of 30-0.38%, and small amounts of Cr, Ni, and Mo. In the quenched and tempered condition, mechanical properties will vary based on the diameter or thickness. The minimum properties, based on a large diameter of 160 < d < 250 mm, would be as follows:

yield strength = 600 MPa
tensile strength = 800-950 MPa
elongation = 13 %

These numbers were taken from Table 9 of EN 10083-1.

3. I have no idea what this is supposed to be.

4. This designation is consistent with the French AFNOR system for steel nomenclature, but I could not find any reference to this specific grade. The 32 indicates the nominal carbon concentration. The CN means that it is an alloy steel containing Cr and Ni, and the 24-13 means 24% Cr and 13% Ni. The closest grades that I could find were Z 3 CN 24-14 and Z 15 CN 24-13, but the carbon levels are much lower. You will need to discuss this with your vendor in order to obtain the information that you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back