Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKid

Computer
May 26, 2006
US
Is anyone familiar with how to produce virtually transparent laticework of infrared conducting material on a 14" by 14" glass sheet for example? Are there clear infrared epoxies available?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My goal is to have a dual plane grid of IR conductors spaced 1mm apart, that you can essentially see through. I want to scan both glass edges (x glass and y glass) and calculate via signal processing the cartesian coordinates of an infrared beam striking the glass. I don't have aproblem with the processer part of it just how to make the glass material with latticework of IR conductors at 800-900nm and small spacing to render conduction when a laser IR hits it.

Huh? 800-900 nm is barely outside of the visible range, therefore, jsut about ANYTHING transparent to visible will be transparent to your wavelength. So get a sheet of plexiglass or Lexan and cut openings in it.

Is this for school?

TTFN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back