Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mathcad 15 Display formula from an IF statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3nji

Civil/Environmental
Mar 12, 2020
GB
Hi, I am fairly new to using Mathcad, but have always found plenty of useful information and answers to my questions here. There is one question that I have that I can't find the answer to though:
I have created an IF statement that uses a different formula to define a variable depending on the value of another variable. I have created this IF statement off the page as it is quite lengthy and the end user does need to see it. I would however like the formula chosen by the IF statement to be displayed on my page. I can only get the result of the formula to display.
I tried creating another IF statement with the equation written in quotation marks, but the formula is quite complicated and it looks terrible when not properly formatted.
I have attached my Mathcad sheet. The equation that I want to display is for Q.

Thanks in advance for any help

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9b2c8879-fb2d-4a3c-bb23-d8cc76b42917&file=Excavation_Flow_Rate_Rev03.xmcd
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My only suggestion is to make separate equations for Q, above where the actual work is done. Put each one in a different region and then manually open the region that is actually used.

Mathcad allows for scriptable objects, so it would seem possible to use your IF statement to cause possibly the scriptable ImageViewer to view different images of the equations. The scripting interface was never solidly supported nor used by many people, so caveat emptor.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

IRstuff: I had tried to display an image of the equation before posting here but I was unsuccessful. DO you know how to do this? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back