Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

MathCad Prime 3 Engineering Programs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kxa

Structural
Nov 16, 2005
US
Does anybody know of a good source where I could find civil/structural/geotech programs for either Mathcad 15 or Prime 3? Even a good guide or worked out examples would help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are such worksheets available in the PTC community's download pages:
TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

I agree with IRstuff about looking at the PTC site. At this time, the largest number of civil worksheets there are for structural. A couple weeks ago I found the personal website of a retired civil engineering professor and it contains dozens of Mathcad worksheets, but I'll be darned if I can find it right now. When I find it, I will post the link. You might find it first with a clever Google search.

BTW, I just uploaded two relatively simple MC Prime 3.0 worksheets to the PTC site last night. One is for finding the area of a boundary by coordinates and the other is for finding the center and radius of a circle that passes through three points. These tasks are now trivial with CAD software, but I think it's a good thing to document the mathematics behind the solutions. I am working on additional worksheets that I post to the PTC site, including pumping stations, hydrology, a little structural, etc.

==========
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

IRstuff…

I am ashamed to admit that I am "THAT guy."[smile]

When I uploaded my worksheets to the PTC site last week, I was unaware that uploading to a subject matter section was different than uploading to the general section. I figured that the tags I assigned took care of that, which is what I get for not digging deeper into the PTC site before I uploaded. Fortunately, one of the other members there pointed out my faux pas. So, I just reloaded six worksheets to the appropriate subject matter sections.

I may just have to take the rest of the week off.[smile]

Fred

==========
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back