Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MATLAB/FORTRAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicornio

Apr 9, 2000
MX
Visit site
Hello, I am playing with Fortran in my thesis project, my results show temperature, velocity and pressure field in a lubricant film under high load as well as different sliding/rolling velocities conditions. Does anyone know the way in which I can load data in a matlab file in order to plot it, I suppose that file must be .m or .mat file, but I still do not know the way of loading data from the matlab window...I also am&nbsp;&nbsp;interested in programming a visual window connected to my program, I konw that it must be done with VISUAL frotran, does anyone know which library I must to call?<br>Tks<br>Gracias

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does your data are saved in ASCI format ?
If you did in this way. Ok build up one subrotine in Matlab to read and plots your data.
DIGITAL Visual Fortan has graphics subroutine very similar to Matlab. You are going to waste a lot of time before archive what you are looking for with Visual Fortan.

Good Luck

F.S

Aeronautical & Astronautical Professional Engineer

Later versions of MATLAB will load &quot;flat ascii&quot; or plan text files as well as excell spread sheets. Use the &quot;help load&quot; command at the prompt. It is common practice to use MATLAB to data from other languages. Use the FORTRAN format to delineate by spaces.- jk

To import data from an ASCII text file, just use the Matlab command LOAD -ascii

For example you have the file pressure.txt, then give the command
>> LOAD pressure.txt -ascii

You'll have the data loaded in a variable called "pressure".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back