Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Maximum Allowable Internal Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

blawn

Industrial
Aug 4, 2014
RO
Dear All,

In the evaluation of an existing tank for max.allowable internal pressure,there's a formula used by other people
which is:
t yn=thickness of the tank component under consideration at the next inspection at twice the calculated corrosion rate,which is
t act-(2*Cr*Yn)
I just want to know where this concept came from just as I cant find it in the Inspection code,API 653.Or does this formula based
from other inspection code?
Appreciate any reply.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Basic API inspection premise -- gotta reinspect on or before the Half-Life. So that calc will give you a reinspect date of halfway to the End-of-Useful-Life [at the MAWP that you chose].

Dear Duwe6,

Thanks for the feedback.So if it is a Basic inspection premise,it could probably written in a publication or in a reference standards.
Actually there are clients who really dig so deep on my inspection report so I really want to make sure anything presented
on papers is referenced to a standard.I really want to include Maximum Allowable Internal Pressure evaluation on my report but I cant since client will surely ask me where the formula came from.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back