Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

May I know How to Run Adams view Simulations in Batch Mode from the Command Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbas shafiee

Mechanical
Jul 28, 2020
US
I already have my ".dll' and ".bin" file. and my adams version is 2019_2. However, I am going to write and run a Shell Script to get my Adams view simulation done.
Please let me know what steps I should take?
If someone knows how to write and run a Shell Scrip on Linux environment to run an ADAMS simulation, that would be a great help too.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Or perhaps you meant this

Running Adams /View in batch mode is easy:

mdi -c aview ru-s b test.cmd exit

This will start ADAMS/View, and execute the sequence of commands that you've put in the file named 'test.cmd'. Afterward you can look at the aview.log file to see if there have been any errors:

grep ERROR aview.log

When the batch job runs, the 'Begin execution of Adams /View...' message and the Copyright banner will appear in your UNIX shell. If you wish, you can redirect that visual output to a file, like this:

For a foreground job, like this:

mdi -c aview ru-s b test.cmd ex > my_screen_dump.log

For a background job, like this:

mdi -c aview ru-s b test.cmd ex > & my_screen_dump.log

Or send the screen dump to the bit gods:

mdi -c aview ru-s b test.cmd ex > /dev/null

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I cannot have access to the article' link above.

I followed what you mentioned above:

Before doing anything I places my ".dll" contact subroutine and my Adams view model (.cmd) in the directory of "mdi"

I mean "C:\MSC.Software\Adams\2017_1\common"

Then opening the command prompt I went to the directory above and then I typed mdi -c aview ru-s b test.cmd exit

and I see this message and nothing else.

1 file(s) copied.
i did not see anything elese or running the simulation

Also, I checked the following command

mdi ru-user contact.dll test.cmd

Then Adams banner appeared

but the result is

command: FILE/MODEL=!, OUTPUT_PREFIX=!--------------------------

---- START: ERROR ----
Attempt to read in model into AMD was unsuccessful

---- END: ERROR ----

Finished -----
Elapsed time = 0.00s, CPU time = 0.00s, 0.00%

Oh. Sorry what do you mean by the legitimate user? ! I am a student using Adams with a license that Purdue University provides for graduate research students.

Anyways, I hoped that I could get this done by the comment you made on my question. Any ideas why I am getting that error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back