Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mazak Fusion 640T - blank screen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

langills

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2004
US
We have a Mazak SLT 450 Lathe with the Fusion 640T control (windows based). It will not bring up the control screen. The only thing Mazak could tell us to check was that the digital readout inside the control read "9". That means the NC side is ready and waiting for the control. They recommended we replace the lcd backlight and power supply, which we have done to no avail. Any ideas? We are stuck.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

is the screen completely blank?
can you home the machine or anything while in the blank screen?
You replaced the lcd screen and the powersupply?
may have issues somewhere in the cableing or with the windows software. believe there is a way to start the system with out windows but i can't remember how to do it. Mazak support can be a joke sometimes.

went and looked at abunch of mazak books i got in the basement(used to work shop had all mazaks i keep all the info i aquired) any way everything i read in the book i have for a 640 fusion control points toward no power at lcd, bad cable, bad connections at board or screen or bad monitor.

We have replaced the backlight for the lcd and the power supply for the backlight, not the lcd itself. We do have a completely blank screen, black, no cursor or anything.

We can not move the machine. Any attempt to move the machine lights up the "alarm" red dot, which can be cleared with the reset. After about 50 tries, we have gotten it to come up. There is no record of alarms from the times it tried to start. Any ideas on what we could check while it is on?

as a guess i would say your having some cabling problems some where. Somethings coming loose or loosing connection possibly. or broken wire inside cable. just a thought.

When you first power it up do you get anything on the screen, (like a regular computer boot up)Does your hard drive light flash?

7-7 Measures When Windows Error Occurs
7-7-I Start Fault of System UsingWindows
Due to the Windows95 property, if the previous shut down was not completed correctly (such as
when the program ended erroneously due to a software error, or when the Windows95 shut sown
process was not carried out due to turning the power OFF by the main breaker for any trouble),
the screen will not start correctly at the following start. One of the following states may be entered :
@ The entire screen will be a blue screen, and the message “General Protection Breach” or
“Exceptional OE Error” will appear. (Particularly when starting up a driver.)
@ Windows95 will start in the “Safe Mode”.
@ Window95 automatically starts Scan Disk.(For OSR2)
@ The system will not start. .
7-7-2 Remedies when above Faults Occur in M640
When “General Protection (If there is a Full Keyboard : End the.process by pressing Ctlr + Alt +
Breach” or ” Exceptional OE Delete, and exit Windows once.)
Error” occurs. After this, Press the emergency stop button, and turn the power OFF by
the main breaker. Turn the power ON by the main breaker, and start by
\ pressing the Power ON switch. (Most often, the system will recover.)
When the system start up is A mode that can not be started with the Safe Mode is set as the default,
“Safe Mode”. sot he system will not start automatically in the Safe Mode.
When Scan Disk is automa- A mode that will not execute Scan Disk is set as the default, so Scan
tically started. Disk will not s tart automatically.
When system does not start. Press the emergency stop button, and turn the power OFF by the main
breaker. Turn the power ON by the main breaker, and start by
pressing the Power ON switch.
7-7-3 Remedies when System does not Recover Normally with above Measures
( On-site-Service)
1. Items to take to site :
l Full keyboard (mandatory)
l FDD and cabled When user does not have)
l NC system Disk l Replacement HD
l FLD(Windows95 format. Insertion may be requested during scan disk execution.)
Maybe this will help it is right out of the Fusion service engineers manual (I'm a former Mazak service guy)Were are you located

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back