Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mazatrol M-1 & CMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jma445

Petroleum
Feb 12, 2003
US
We have acquired a used (obviously) Mazak mill with an M-1 Mazatrol controller. I am looking for a way to communicate with this device via the CMT port, which, I think, is an RS232 port.
Are there basic programming tools that can be used on a PC to write a program and upload to the M-1? Our parts are very low volume, but they repeat over many years, so we would like to be able to archive the programs.
Thanks,
John Marshall
NIECOR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

John the CMT port on your MAZAK M1 I think can only be used with a Microdisc unit available from Yamazaki Mazak £1000. The unit is very reliable and stores programes on 3.5 floppy disks which are formatted specialy for use with this unit, they are not PC compatable. If you want prefer to go the PC route I used a company many years ago who where very helpfull, they cracked the protocol and allowed me to upload and download programes from more recent controls via a PC and serial ports. I am aliitle out of touch with it all know but try speaking to Robert Kaisjer at
Superdraft Systems Ltd
Micro House, Station Approach Mansfield Rd
Alfreton Derbyshire
DE55 7JW

Tel: 01773 520410
PS they used to trade as "DICON Systems. They should also be able to help re offline Programming tools.

Regards Steve Birchall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back