MCCB trip curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alms88

Electrical
Oct 16, 2020
LK
Hi

is there any online or free tools that can generate the trip curves of different manufactuere MCCBs??

i want to compare some trip curves in a single sheet ,

for example, i choose , manufactuere, then breaker model , then it display curves, then i choose second breaker like this,?

i cant buy ETAP or some similar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not aware of any. You might be able to get an evaluation copy of SKM, EasyPower, or ETAP to use for a couple of weeks if you have a good story to tell them. If you're a student, you can probably get a student license.

Or you can do it by hand, like we used to. :cool:

By hand is a really good way to start. A large window makes a suitable substitute for a light table.

I’ll see your silver lining and raise you two black clouds. - Protection Operations

Your signature line seems a little gloomy, David.
Let's hope that we are all feeling a little better this time next week.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

It's at least partly tongue in cheek. But I often have to inject a bit of realism into some people's starry eyed ideas about how things might work; it's all in the realm of extremely unlikely events that are also extremely consequential. Too many focus on the extremely unlikely; the unlikely is their silver clouds.

I've long said that Murphy puts food on my table, that if nothing ever went wrong I'd be out of job. Murphy's done me well.

I’ll see your silver lining and raise you two black clouds. - Protection Operations

There is a free website that can be used for plotting trip curves. A friend of mine had used it for a power systems course that he was taking during undergrad. It was very limited in functionality, though. You will probably need SKM, ETAP, or something similar for the purpose of plotting multiple trip curves on one sheet.

Protection engineers worry about unlikely things for a living. But always remember:

"Worrying is like paying interest on a debt you might never owe"

--- Will Rogers

There are some free platforms around (Schneider has one, Terasaki also has TemCurve) but they're restricted to their specific OEM's platforms, one can't use these to compare a Schneider / SquareD breaker with one from ABB as an example. Beyond that its either evaluation packages or pay up for the platform.

EDMS Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back