Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mcd to Pdf file conversion software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooron

Mechanical
Jan 14, 2003
AU
does anyone have any source for shareware or freeware that converts mathcad files to pdf files. Software that they have used and are happy with. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Distiller is a $1000 package. My original question relates top freeware or shareware that is available and someone can recommend. Thanks

jaws has a shareware version I think. You'll need to google for it. I haven't used it in anger.

Failing that print it to file as a postcript print and talk to a friendly unix or linux person. There are many utilities in the *n*x world to turn .ps into .pdf

Cheers

Greg Locock

There is a way to use a Postscript printer driver and Ghostscript to create PDF files for free on Windows systems. It's a bit of a hassle, but probably can be automated. Google for Ghostscript, Postscript and PDF and you should find the instructions.

I have regularly created pdf files from Mathcad using pdfwriter, and have not faced any problem.

Reason for incorrect printing to pdf could be that all the fonts are not installed, or the right printer drivers are not being used. I have faced some problems when viewing pdf files created by Wordperfect, for which I had to download some additional fonts. Possibly, you need to install some fonts for making the program work.

All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back