MCI of different sections of an assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platypusimon

Aerospace
Jan 20, 2023
FR
Hi everyone,

I would require knowledge and experience on this subject.

Suppose I have a large assembly, composed of many different components and fluids. The assembly/system will know different phases where it will have different amounts of fluid (i.e. different mass). I would like to have the MCI. I know I can generate the MCI of the assembly through Mass properties, and through different sections by using section cut. But suppose I have to do 50 sections cuts, and cuts with the fluid and without (obtain longitudinal and lateral mass when full & empty). Is there a way to automate this on Solidworks, some tool, an excel?

I would gladly like some information, as I can only see a tedious and long task on creating manually different sections of the assembly, with and without fluid, to obtain all the different MCI I require.

Many thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Platypusimon,

Model your fluids as a part. Create configurations of the assembly and the fluid for different fluid conditions.

--
JHG

I have done that. Perhaps I haven't given enough details...

My fluids are created as parts.

I have an assembly consisting of tanks, various other components and my fluids.

I know how to generate the MCI of the assembly when full (all fluid), even with 50% fluid/full etc... by creating different configurations.

What I am asking, is suppose I only want to obtain the MCI of 1/50 of my assembly, with the fluid and without. And also do it for all the other increments (2/50th, 3/50th ... 49/50th)
As well as obtaining sections of the assembly that do not encompass what's before and after e.g. only having the middle of a tubes MCI (with fluid & without).

Apart from doing so manually, which would be an extremely long task, is there any other technique?

I do hope that is clearer.

I don't understand what you talk about.

If you drive a bus which has to stop at 50 stops, then you have to stop it 50 times as that is what you want.

You can model your fluid with 50 configurations and you get MCI for each of them.

If you know both Solidworks and VBA, you can even generate charts to show whatever you want.

Can you share an image to show what you want? Apparently, you use different terminology.

Best regards,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back