Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

McQuay Psychrometric Analyzer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merv Saturn

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2021
IN
Hii there,

I am new to the HVAC field, can anyone tell me how to use McQuay Psychrometric Analyzer with very simple example?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Okay,

1.First I have to input the ambient temperature which is 103 DBT and 82 WBT
2.And input the CFM of AHU above the Blower Symbol - ex:2880 CFM With 10% Fresh air in %OA field.
3.The room condition 75f and 50%RH

other than this another two field are there near the cooling load

The dry bulb and wet bulb temperature you want to cool all that air down to.

Do you want to take that mixed air temp down to 60 degrees saturated (just put 60 as top number and it will auto fill a saturated wet bulb)50 degrees saturated?

Somehow you got 2880 CFM - probably based on a supply air temperature to cool the space. Find that temp and enter it.

Hi, I am not sure I fully understand your question and I am not familiar with McQuay's software, but I wonder if these calculators may help you.

Mixed Air Calculator: You would use this to calculate the coil entering temperature.
[ol 1]
[li]Outside air: 288 CFM @ Temps: 103/82[/li]
[li]Return Air: 2592 CFM @ Temps: 75/63[/li]
[li]Results: 2880 CFM @ Mixed Air Temps: 77.8/64.7[/li]
[/ol]

Psychrometric Calculator:
Then you can use this Psychrometric calculator. But now that I have gotten to this point, I realize I don't know what you're looking to solve. [upsidedown] So... I will give you one more calculator:

Coil Selection Calcualtor
This calculator can solve for
[ul]
[li]BTUs[/li]
[li]Leaving Temps[/li]
[li]Entering Temps (which you already know)[/li]
[li]Flow rate (which you already know)[/li]
[/ul]

Good luck!

Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.