Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MD 2 - Design Variables Across Variant Assemblies

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mechanical
Aug 20, 1999
GB
Visit site
I am using Desktop 2.0 to create a reasonably complex assmbly model that is driven by global variables. The assembly is built using some standard parts and some variant parts.&nbsp;&nbsp;Both the standard parts and the variant parts are driven by global variables.&nbsp;&nbsp;That's all fine.<br><br>When I use several instances of this (sub)assembly in one file, I can't change each assembly's variables independantly, even if I assign some as Part Variables.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is because each part has the same name across each assembly.&nbsp;&nbsp;However, I don't want to create seperate sets of part names for each variant assembly because the model administration will become too complex (several parts per assy, up to 16 different assys).<br><br>I know Desktop 4 allows table-driven assemblies, but I'm not sure if that solves my problem.<br><br>Can anyone tell me if I can do this in Desktop 4, or if there a method suitable for Desktop 2.<br><br>Thanks in advance.<br><br><br>Troubled Bloke<br><br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know your answer but as none of these members can't answer you , ask your question (if it is still your question) from drew fulford
-------
Drew Fulford, B.A.Sc., Systems Engineer
Solid Caddgroup Inc. Burlington, Ontario.
Autodesk Authorized Systems Center.
Ph (905) 331-9670, Fax: (905) 331-7280
Mobile: (905) 466-3813, email dfulford@idirect.com
Visit my MCAD web site @ ---------
Farnaz Badili [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back