Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MDT - Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shabba

Mechanical
Jun 24, 2003
AU
Anyone had any trouble with mdt6 table driven parts from excel in office XP?

Also is there a sure-fire way to use feature suppression to give varying features to a part AND THEN have the dimensions only appear on the layout when the particular features are active? Know what I mean? ie if I have a plate with a hole in it, dimension the hole posn on my drawing then use feature suppression to turn it off, the dimension line sometimes locates with the next point, giving me two dim's for the length of the plate.

And ANOTHER thing! While I'm on me soap box, is there a way that you can have multiple instances of the same part in an assy, with different conditions applied. eg. table driven dimensions, features, or even colours?!? without them being all the bl**dy same!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Quick question for you MDT Users:
I remember using the first few versions of MDT but have since become highly involved with Invetor (Now Ver.9) and have also been a Power AutoCAD user. What are the skills/commands that I am missing to use the Latest version of MDT? Or does one still exist? This is for a job I am looking at and am hoping you guys can refresh my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back