Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ME-109 Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

DORD2002

Jul 7, 2003
US
I am looking for specifications for World War II era
Aluminum alloy designations from Germany. I am currently working on an ME-109 rebuild. Many parts will be fabricated from old German drawings, and I would like to replace many old panels with modern materials. Before I do, of course, I want to make sure I am replacing them with material of at least equal strength and ductility.

The alloy designations are printed on the drawings, I just don't know what physical properties they have.

If anybody knows where I can find this information, please let me know.

Thank You!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am currently working for what used to be Focke Wulf (I know they didn’t build the Me 109) in Bremen, Germany. We are at present doing restoration work on a FW Condor. If you give me some examples of the designations that you have maybe I can help.

Bazzo,

Thank You for the reply. Some of the designations are:

3115.4 (I believe this is a rivet callout)

I would appreciate any information you can send me.

-Rhodes Wilkinson

HI FOLKS - GREAT TO HEAR THAT THE FW 200 CONDOR MIGHT WELL FLY AGAIN - WE ARE IN AUSTRALIA AND WE HAVE MANY WARBIRDS HERE - SAME IN N.Z.- WE JUST HAD ANOTHER PBY CAT ARRIVE FROM SPAIN - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK - LET ME KNOW IF WE CAN HELP - ALTHO I AM OLD AIRCRAFT ELECO MAINLY - JUST RESPONDED TO ANOTHER GUY ON ANOTHER THREAD WHO WAS TALKING ABOUT HACKING THE TAIL OF AN ME 262 AROUND - SO IT WOULD FIT IN HIS HANGAR ! UNBELIEVABLE -
ALL THE BEST J.C.

I would say that you would be safe using standard 2024-T3 & T4 and 7075-T6. for your sheet metal components. If you have access to hardness testors or eddy current inspection you can get a fair comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back