Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

measurments using lab view

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw7672

Electrical
Jul 12, 2005
CA
I need an automated way for making measurments via the serial port using labview, mu procedure is I have a serial port controoleed microcontroller , and I am using this microcontoller in a moving platform .
The platform is to move every certian distance , then stop and send a signal to the serial port of the computer , then the computer will do some measurments( using LABVIEW) then after that LABVIEW will send a signal from the seriaL PORT OF THE COMPUTER , IS THIS DOABLE , AND CAN I IMPLEMENT THIS , PLZ HELP ME IT IS URGENT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, it appears on the surface readily doable in LabView.
Look for serial port examples under help in LV. You can monitor incoming messages on the port. When the appropriate meassgae has been recieved, LV can execute the measurements, and then send a message out the port.

Suggest that you test serial port parameters and cabling with the microcontroller in Hyperterminal first. This will verify the baud rate, stop bits, etc and electrical connections.

Wheels within wheels / In a spiral array
A pattern so grand / And complex
Time after time / We lose sight of the way
Our causes can't see / Their effects.

dear digital man
thanks alot,,,
is the help for the LV in the national instruments website , plz inform me thnaks
and if u can give it to me it would be great

Help is withinthe LabView program.

But there is also a wealth of information and discussion forums at

Wheels within wheels / In a spiral array
A pattern so grand / And complex
Time after time / We lose sight of the way
Our causes can't see / Their effects.

DW,

Labview's serial port control changed significantly from version 6 to 7 (mostly for the better if you know serial ports). Make sure the examples you try are compatible with your version of LabView otherwise you can waste a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back