Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mechanical properties of different conventional wood pulp fibers

Status
Not open for further replies.

m96nun

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2002
SE
I'm looking for a comprehensive synopsis on anisotropic mechanical properties of different conventional wood pulp fibers. More specifically I would like to know the:

*Longitudinal Young’s modulus of the fibres, E11
*Transverse Young’s modulus of the fibres, E22
*The Poisson ratios: v12, v23
*The shear modulus, G12

This values could either be experimental or calculated. Fibres could be e.g. Liner, Thermo mechanical pulp (TMP), Chemo thermo mechanical (CTMP), Softwood kraft pulp (SKP), Hardwood kraft pulp (HKP), etc.

Any suggestion?

Sincerely yours,

Cristian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would suggest getting in touch with the US Forest Products Lab in Madison, WI, USA. They do have a website, but I think you would be better served by calling them. There is also an association of pulp and paper makers, I'm sorry I don't have the exact name but I'm sure a web search will find it.

Hi Christian,

I am looking for the same mechanical properties. If you have found any valuable websites, or any other material pertaining to mechanical properties of wood fibers, Please let me know. Thanks and have a great Day!!!

Best Regards,
Mallinath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back