Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Mechanically embossed hydraulic placards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2011
US
Has anyone had to provide "mechanically embossed hydraulic placards"? any productive ideas besides ordering blank metal signs and a letter stamping kit from amazon? I will need to provide about 35 of these. The engineer will not be bothered with common sense on this one.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

State of Georgia now requires all placards to be mechanically embossed.

Went to Harbor Freight Tools and bought an embossing stamp kit.

I know it is a pain but it is the way it should be because all the older placards, I've been doing this since 1975, I have filled out are now unreadable. Use a magic marker and you might be good for 20 years at most.

What I would like to see is an 8 1/2 by 11 paper placard in plastic before placed in a picture frame and screwed to the wall.

Thanks for the link cdafd, I just wasn't coming up with the correct search terms to find something. I have over 30 to make for this project, this looks like a good deal.

LowlySprnkLayoutTech,

Let us know how it works out for you because I need to get something like that for myself.

At first glance it seems like a lot of money but if you have to do 35 it could be an all day ordeal and that costs money.

I have a job coming up soon where I will have 26 myself.

I will let you know how this works out. The problem I'm running into now is the machine, and all of the 20 knockoffs on Amazon seem to be limited to 200mm x 130mm, or about 8" x 5". I can find old style aluminum placards that are 5 x 7, but they won't fit on the machine because they are portrait, not landscape like the machine is setup for. And all of the new style general information style signs are even larger. Looks like I need to custom make the entire sign by stamping everything, not just filling in the blanks on a pre-made sign. Or find a different class machine. Either way things seem to be getting out of hand on this, just might buy an individual letter set and put the time in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back