Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Medical Imaging - Service Engineers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanwalsingh

Electrical
Jul 10, 2006
US
I am an Electrical Engineer with little experience in servicing medical imaging devices. However, I would like to pursue it as a full time career. I have been in a different field of computer hard disks/drives for last 15 years but, I want to move into the Medical Device field now since I have a passion for it.

I need some advise as to how can I accomplish my dream of moving into the Medical Device field especially related to Medical Imaging devices like CAT Scan, MRI, etc.

Appreciate any piece of advise.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello there,

I think the best way would be to find a company that does what you want to do and start stalking them. Not all of them, but try making connections with the staff, the engineers, maybe even the secretaries.

Or you could try volunteering at your local hospital, I don't know the rules but at least you'd be in the same place as the technicians and could find out more about them and their equipment.

I don't think there's much in the way of professional societies dedicated to medical imaging, but any medical school is bound to have something similar.

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back