Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Melting folie on a amada FO-3015NT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

3903KG

Industrial
Feb 4, 2010
NL
We got a amada fo and the problem is that if we put in the pierce page, the pierce type on "134" wich is melting a hole in the before cutting the product. It does work properly but it takes alot of time. I say it should be able to go faster but before it melts the hole, it waits for like 2-3 seconds.

So, does anyone knoq how to make this go faster??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Great machine.

This is a basic question but, do you have more than one M100 in the program. M100 causes "lens warming" which may be the pause your seeing. Also, if the head travels a specific distance, more than a couple of feet, the "lens warming" kicks in automatically.

On the far right column of the cutting page, set it to standard, instead of medium or fast.

There are a bunch of options to improve the speed on this operation. Five Oh Three Seven five two Six One two One.

I`ve tried to make the program myself and it still didn`t work. amada looked at it but they couldn`t find it. So I was looking for someone really smart who knows some more details

I don't know about the really smart part but...

Is there anyway you could post G-code, or at least part of it. Also, a YOUTUBE video would help. That way I could see this pause a tell you if its normal or not.

When you put in a 133 does it take the same amount of time? I know there 133 134 and 135 and I know the functions but I get them mixed up as far as what does what.

Another option is to eliminate this step all together. I have a customer that runs 16 ga with vinyl without pierce. No balloon no nothing.

Another option is to turn Z-sensor off, set the thickness to 1" and set the program to go through and Pierce all the geometry, burning the vinyl, then go back and cut normally.
You would have to turn you pierce power way down to sear the vinyl but it works.

And your welcome to call me. I'm going to be on the road for the next few days so I won't be able to check in.

This may be a setting in your pierce conditions.

check that the BLOW column is set to OFF (may be 0 instead of off)

also check that gas time is set to 0 on the pierce page

there is also a gas time column on the main conditions screen which you probably want set to 0.

You may also want to look into buying material with the plastic designed for laser cutting. When we use this we just use a standard pierce. It can be pretty tough to peel off though.

It doesn`t matter if i use 133, 134 or 135. It`s just diffrent but the fastest way is 134 so I prefer using that.

Also in the cutconditions I tried everything I think is possible. maybe it`s in the parameters somewhere.
The problem is that a sheet with allot of piercing takes almost twice the time it should run.

Why don't you make a program that pre-burns the lead-in only? The bubble effect only happens during the piercing process and not during the cutting

To add to what Laserninja said, if you are using high tack PVC (AKA laser-film) you don't have to use this pierce macro at all.

If we use a sheet with laser-film and the sheet is grinded it wont work without 134 (wich is pre burning the lead in...)

Okay 3903KG

I know the other gentlemen that have posted in response to your question. My self included, You have three of the most knowledgeable Amada laser ninja's in the US. Not a bad source of free advice.

If you really want help, answer questions that are posed to you. When you respond, please try to be as clear as possible. Comments like "the sheet is grinded" don't make a lot of sense.

Jetrep asked some good questions about the settings on the custom page. I asked if you had more than one M100. I also asked to post some code. You need to provide more information if you want free help. If you want to pay me to come over there and fix it, or show you ways to accomplish the same thing more efficiently, that's a whole other deal.

There maybe is one chance in 1000 that there is actually something wrong in either the macro executer or a parameter. There is a slightly better chance that AMADA can help you with this problem, but the truth is you have the absolute best resource right here. If these gentlemen are offering help you have to do your part as well.

okay laserninja,

I got your message but im sorry to say but look: We are a pertty big company in holland. My english aint wonderfull so sometimes I might say things a little diffrent. Sorry for that. I come here for tips and I`m sure I can give some good tips aswell. Im not here to argue. Ofcourse there is only one m100 in the program. I awnserd: If I write the program myself.. I know how to program manualy. I know what most things do in the conditions aswell. This is the only thing I can not fix. It`s frustrating. Anyway, say everything is working as it should in the programming. Is there a way to fix it in the machine with parameters or conditions. Not with pierce type. Not with E10 value wich it uses on 133, 134, 135?

I'm sorry, I didn't think that maybe English was not you first language. I could not tell form your post. I was rude.

There are still a few things. If your machine is a FO-NT its possible the AMNCPC software may have a problem. In that case I would drop in the CD that came with the machine and install over the top of the original. Should take about a half hour start to finish.

If the machine just has a 160i control, there is a macro variable 912 that may be causing the pause. 912 is a pre-gas flow. Normally the value is 2 or 3 (seconds). You could change it to zero and see if that helps.

Ok well rude poeple get more things done;)
that sounds like an idea. But we got the whole storage situation going on and I`m not sure if we can do that without causing problems with that.. After more than a year the machine can finaly work together with the storage. So im a bit scared of losing the good ajustments. Maybe get amada to do it.

Sorry i've been out for a while. I feel bad that after all this there doesn't seem to be any resolution.

Is you control windows based? The Older 160i is a little easier to check. I've attached a little document of some common parameters that may be wrong. If you want, check them against your machine and if there are differences let me know before changing and I'll do my best to tell you what they are.

All these parameters and macro variables have absolutely nothing to do with the loader system, so there are no worries about changing any of that.

Still I would love to see a video if at all possible. I'm sure your busy but if you have time.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e039d047-9d4d-41e9-b795-890e8ef41528&file=check_installation5.doc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back