Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEM_BAD_POINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutdown007

Computer
Jun 13, 2006
JP
I'm currently running Ideas11m2 on a WindowsXpSP2(Japanese OS).....Everytime I exit I get a MEM_BAD_ERROR. Can anyone help me figure out what I can do to prevent this problem.

I have gone into the regional settings file and looked into the languages tab. I have 2 boxes..one is unchecked and the other is checked and di-highlighted(So I cannot uncheck that box)

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm guessing you read the older thread with the exact same title as this one?

You probably need to be logged in as Admin in order to change the Regional Settings, hence why you can't uncheck the one box. BOTH of those boxes should be UNCHECKED. It's a result of a Windows update, from what I was told by UGS.

You might try checking the UNCHECKED box to see if that allows for you to uncheck the diabled box.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Tim,

I tried logging is administrator and uncheck those boxes with no luck. There is one that is still checked and unhighlighted. I was reading more up on this issue and found a solution. I replaced the shw32.dll file in the
SDRC_INSTL dir. No errors about MEM_BAD_ERROR.

I just hope this didn't screw anything else up....

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.