Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.MEN file help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon99

Bioengineer
Feb 6, 2004
EU
Hi,

Does anyone have any examples of calling external programs from the .men actions?

My specific requirement is to open a URL and pass it username:password direct from within a UG toolbar.
At present we are on V18, but going to NX2 in about 6 weeks, does NX2 have a better way of linking into URL's?

Thanks

Simon C

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure about the .men files, but couldn't you accomplish this via the resource bar? Granted, it probably won't enter the user & password, but it will get you on the web simply by moving your cursor over a fly out tab. Check the What's New documentation for NX if you're not sure about this.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Since he is currently on v18 the NX documentation probably won't help much except to give you an idea of the new functionality. Yes, NX2 does have better ways of linking to url's. If you have a workaround for the next 6 weeks, wait for NX2.

cowski,

I couldn't remember if v18 had introduced the resource bar yet or not, hence the referral to NX docs to get an idea of what to expect. I should have been more clear. Thanks for following up.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back