Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Menu group ACAD fails to load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph2

Industrial
May 3, 2002
CA
An aggravating problem that is somewhat inconsistent. When I start my AC 2005 most times the only menu items available are those relating to Adobe Acrobat. To get the rest requires typing menuload from the command bar and then selecting the items from the menu customization dialog box.
Anyone with any thoughts on how to avoid this.. I have already re installed AC2005, and it initially (that day) worked just fine.
Ralph

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had the same problem. It has to do with the way your shortcut is set up. If you click on an old drawing or click on the actual autocad.exe file your menus that are on your profile will be there and when you click on your shortcut on the desktop it will reset your autocad to a different profile.

Try opening your autocad from the .exe file and see if that fixes it.

I don't know if anyone has had any luck with this problem, but it's about to drive me nuts. I've replace all of my shortcuts with those off of a different computer, even my exe file. Still no luck. I've also got a Sheet Set Manager that always comes up. Please send help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back