Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merging Terramodel files or importing roadways

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanDT

Civil/Environmental
Jan 29, 2008
CA
Has anyone had experience with trying to merge terramodel files? As far as I can tell, it is not possible. Is there a simple way to either export a road (HAL, VAL, Profile, Templates, EP offsets, superelevation) as a single comprehensive file... similar to a TMX but with all associations and references maintained? If this is not possible, then can two terramodel files be merged?

Is there any simpler method than importing the roadway one piece at a time and re-building the model.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As far as I can tell, there is no way to merged road files in TerraModel. You can export the road alignment as an xml file, and import that into another project, but the only 2 items that are brought over is the hal and val (it loses the templates, as well as any superelevation).

You can try to export the file as a dc file, but when you import a dc file into TerraModel, it places a ton of templates (I'm guessing it does this based on your export criteria that you set when you exported the dc file). The dc file import also loses any superelevation information that has been entered.

I'll keep working on it and let you know if I come up with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back