Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mesh collectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

izax1

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2001
NO
Hi

Does anyone know of the trick to get my mesh collectors from CAE/modelling transferred to Results processing (Fringe plots)?

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello!,
What I do usually is to NAME the mesh collectors using a meaning name, this is critical, do not let the default names created by NX AdvSim. Later during postprocessing you will see your names under POSTVIEW, easy!!

postview.png

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Thank you for your feedback, Blas. I also thought your description would work, but I get a lot of mesh names (The same mesh names as given in modelling) and not mesh collectors.

I have 2D elements and doing Laminate composite analysis. Will that make a difference?

Rgds Bernt

Hello!,
You need to créate MESH COLLECTORS in the FEM environment: be methodical, do not include avery 2-D surface Meshed in a new collector each time, create MESH COLLECTORS based in material, element thickness, etc.. and collect all mesh there (use drag & drop if you like) and use a proper name, this will be the name that you will see in the POSTVIEW under 2-D Elements

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)

Hi Blas Molero!
It seems that default post view settings will show Meshes listed under categories(1D, 2D etc.). Do you know where i can find the preference so it will show Mesh Collectors instead. Just naming the mesh collectors does not help. It still shows my Meshes not Collectors.
I see that you have defined ESCALON. Is that the name of the collector or the mesh beneath the collector?

Regards
Liridon

Dear Liridon,
Here you are the plot of Simulation Navigator in the FEM environment, where both mesh collector and mesh items were renamed. The last one are the names that you will see under POSTVIEW, allowing you to select or deselect elements from the postprocessor. NX AdvSim use to generate one mesh item for every meshing action. If you select for meshing five surfaces at the same time, then only one meshing item will appear under the Mesh collector. If you mesh one-by-one, then five items will be.

mesh_collectors.png

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.