Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mesh mating at one solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptaeck

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2009
CZ
Hello,
I am meshing an square 3D element of woven fabric composite consisting from fibers and matrice. I need the parallel sides of this element to have exact same mesh. In NX6 I succesfully used Mesh Mating Condition for matching meshes between fibres and matrice (2 solids), but obviously this tool is not working for faces of one solid. Also tried 2D Dependent Mesh with no success.

Thanks for any help!

2D-woven-fabric.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, first of all, sorry about my english.

Ok, if I understand your question, I think you need work with the NX-composite Module. You must define a Laminate on a 2D Mesh, so you consider the fabric as the same solid, but taking in consideration Matrice material and Fiber material.

Try to work in this way, if you have any question...

Hi,
thanks for reply. I know about this option in NX, but I want to solve this as 3D task. Anyway I have already solved the problem with the mesh:

I splitted the fibre to 2 symetrical halves meshed separately.

By non-splitted fibre I got similar but a little bit changed mesh at one end of the fibre, propably due of fibre geometry.

In both cases I first made 2D Dependent Mesh and then sweeped the solid with 3D Sweep Mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back