Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

meshing: correct use of curvature control over a swept path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aislingoh

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2011
IE
This may seem like a trivial problem but I cannot solve it on my own. I have created a part by extrusion and then by performing a sweep cut along a plane. The part in my model is actually a rigid body so I'm not overly concerned with mesh quality. However I have a small fillet radius which is important. To capture this geometric feature I need a high enough mesh density in the region to capture the circular nature of it (i.e. need up to say 8 seeds say to mesh the fillet properly). So I've been using the curvature control feature with some success when I'm seeding. The problem is that it seeds the outer dimensions fine but not the inner ones (I've added a picture to help you visualise). In the image you can see that the outer most area meshed properly but when you move along the direction of the sweep path the seeding goes from 8 to 2. Does anybody know a simple way to solve this? FYI I've included an image of the full part so you can see the nature of it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back