Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Message: Child position Not Updated (Mating Conditions Present)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VW181

Mechanical
Jan 23, 2013
NL
thread561-392091

I got the warning "Child position Not Updated (Mating Conditions Present)" again, now on another sub-assembly.
Sadly the last time this warning wasn't solved, so I still have no idea how to solve his.

Has anyone a idea?

Best regards,
Tjeerd

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The message can occur if you run NX under Teamcenter, possibly also other PLM systems.
You do have the ability to modify the assembly structure , including the position of the components in Teamcenter.
In the other thread you give examples of where a component had been replaced/ substituted in the stucture - in Teamcenter.

"The following substituted component in Teamcenter has been found:

VNMVS-0228/01.001 replaced with VNMVS-0047/01.001"

This is all correct and as it should work.

You can also move components in Teamcenter, ( Personally i think this option is s bit weird ) I do not think we can do an exact move ( say 4 mm +XC) why the opinion "weird".
This is done in the Structure Editor - Viewer. If you then leave the Structure editor by File Save, you will get the message in NX "Child position Not Updated (Mating Conditions Present)" ( in case you have assembly constraints.) If no constraints the component will move in NX.

Anyhow, i have seen quite a few examples of these messages appearing when there has not been a change done in Teamcenter.
I assume that there is some miniature difference in component position which gives the message.
I think you can ignore it.
You can compare the position data between NX and Teamcenter to see if the difference is worth bothering.

When you save the NX assembly, NX will overwrite the component position information in Teamcenter.

Regards,
Tomas

Thank you Tomas,

I knew you can move parts in TC, but i've no idea how to do it (and I don't need to now it I think).
Sadly is saving the assembly not enough to overwrite the positions in TC.
When I remove all the constraints in NX and save and close the part, and open it again, the message is gone.
But when I constraint the parts again I got the message also back again.

Strange thing is, I can't save the assembly as a higher revision. I hoped that that would solve the problem.

Regards,
Tjeerd

Using NX 8.0 and Teamcenter 8 on Windows 7 (64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back