metal material supplier??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemengn68

Nuclear
May 13, 2009
US
Hi there
I'm just wondering if anyone knows any manufacturers who make parts for pressurized water reactor??

I'm looking for all these parts, latch housing, travel housing, cedm nozzle, safe end for sg, hold down ring for SG, shaft and adapter flange. All these parts are for the pressurized water reactor.

All above parts are for the CEDM
CEDM=control element driving mechanism
SG=steam generator.

If anyone who may know any manufacturers, please drop me a few lines or links. Thank you so much!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Some of your terms are pretty generic (latch housing, travel housing...)

However, the others that you mention are generally provided by the nuclear steam supply system vendor. For a PWR in the US that would be Westinghouse or Framatone. Other companies also exist. Someone in your engineering department will probably have contact information.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

If you are in UK you may wish to check out Rolls Royce Marine, they have a sub (nuclear division) division. If you have difficulty let me know I can give you some names.

Brian C

I would love to have some company names. I want it to be manufactured in United States.(most preferred)

If you know of other companies in Europe that is capable of doing these parts, that would be great too.

Thank you so much!

Chemengn68

The American Nuclear Society puts out a 200+ page Nuclear News edition once a year with manufacturer's information. They have a web page ( and back copies are available. I highly recommend that you get hold of this document as it will provide you with a considerable list of manufacturers world wide.

Also, presuming that you work for a nuclear plant, I would strongly suggest that you coordinate with your quality assurance and purchasing departments. Some of the parts you list would have specialized requirements and you want to make sure that your specification contains those requirements.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

RV Industries, Honey Brook, PA
Amer Industrial Technologies, Wilmington, DE

Steven C
ThirdPartyInspections.com

@davefitz,

We always order our Uranium 235 on Ebay ;).

But these are just some trading items; rings, nozzles & Flanges. So I gave him a company name which is Siemens/Areva approved.

@davefitz -
I too thought this was a weird thread, from its OP and thru most replies. None of the component items mentioned in the OP are in the "user serviceable" category...

It's often much cheaper to just call around and buy leftover parts from the previously canceled reactors. A hardly used reactor vessel, for example, is sitting in the parking lot at the River Bend power station. (Well, it has a small hole in the side, but that is an easy problem to fix with a little bit of weld wire.) 8<)

Three Mile Island has a steam plant that has been sitting idle for a little while - Unit 2's turbine and generator only have 1 year operating time .....

And a whole bunch of power stations have some leftover fuel they'd love to get rid of to the highest bidder.

Wow, I've visited RV Industries several times and never was aware that they made nuclear components; coal fired boilers and paper machine parts, yes. But nuclear, boy they have come up in the world.

rmw

racookpe1978

I bet all that leftover fuel is only "slightly used" and is surely a good bargain. In fact, the Department of Energy would probably welcome a buyer, too. [rofl]

Patricia Lougheed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back