Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Metal to metal seal design - inconel material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is called by many names, the original Grayloc circa 1954. That design has been used from hard vacuum thru 60Ksi, and temps as high as 1800°F. Per code and actual installation measurements, seating stresses are nominally less than 5% of available joint bolt load capacity.
Why re-invent the wheel again?

Thats right Morgan... my intention was to use the grayloc metal seals and i know well that these are pre-engineered components.But, the problem is i could'nt find a relevant document on the housing specification profile details for these seals (in specific Grayloc seal size 56).If you know where i can get these details it would be of great help.

Hanson,
Seat details are normally not distributed unless under license from one of the manufacturers. I have to be very careful here as I still am employed by one of these. Usually, if a manufacturer wants to use a hub/seal design on an integral product of their manufacture, a license can be arranged. I don't know of a source outside of this where seat machining details are readily/reliably available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back