Metric sizes not diameter sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourkraut

Materials
Mar 29, 2007
NZ
Hi
I have created holes using hole tool and selected the desired size M10. Hole depth and thread depth were set with out any problems.

Problem: once in 2D mode the default dimension is the M size not the needed hole diameter to cut threads into. ie. with an M10 it shows [Ø]10. I would like 8.8 (i think is M10x1.5, doesn't matter not the question).

How can I have the M value and not the diameter?

Thanks
Sie könnten auch auf Deutsch schreiben!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The dimension is associated with the thread diameter.
You should be able to show the associated hole note
which will (unless your *.hol file's been modified)
list the tap drill size.

-Jeff Howard (wf2)
Sure it's true. I saw it on the internet.

In the drawing
Menu: View -> Show and Erase...

Once the interface is open
Menu: Help -> What's This?

What you probably want to do is Show Notes by Feature & View.

-Jeff Howard (wf2)

Jeff,
Having 8.8 appear instead of 10 is not my desired solution.
I apologize for not explaining myself clearly. :) didn't know either that the dimension tool was referred to as show and erase.
I would really like M10 to show on my drawing. It is the DIN and ISO norm to have the bolt size in all threaded holes and not the tapping size.
Even when I go and edit the text of the dimension I can not get rid of the original size. I have tried deleting the Ø@D but it still prints the hole size.
The .hol file which you refer to is fine, I checked that, but that is just a table which says
if M10
then 8.8

Any suggestions would be helpful.

PTC needs to open their eyes to the metric system. Having inch as default is fine but there needs to be a universal switch some where, not change in part, set in drawing,in config.pro, environment,.......

Thanks, sorry for the rant

After adding the note to the hole as you suggested
There is a mash of information that appears.
luckily the M10 comes with it, but a lot of information that is not needed.
on a through hole it tells me the hole depth and the thread depth and the drill hole size needed.

I am looking for M10 to be printed to the screen. At the most M10x1.5 but that is not needed either, I have added a DIN to the drawing that contains all of thread, pitch sizes and tolerances.

If I were you I'd ...

1) Add a leader note that says whatever you want.

2) Sign up for some training or spend some time going thru tutorials, reading Help, searching for relevent forum discussions. I believe you'll find answers and resolution to all of your questions and concerns. (Most of it is covered in Help. Most has been answered a time or twenty in forum discussions. Try here and mcadcentral.)

-Jeff Howard (wf2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back