Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MGF ELECTRONIC POWER STEERING 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dce

Automotive
Nov 14, 2001
GB
I NEED TO FIT THE EPAS STEERING COLUMN AND ECU FROM THE MGF INTO A PROTOTYPE SPORTS CAR. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TECHNICAL INFORMATION ON HOW TO CONNECT IT ALL TOGETHER?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you will find the MGF EAPS difficult to adapt to another application for a couple of reasons, firstly the assistance is controlled by the main ECU, and unless your steering is exactly the same in as much as the geometry is concerned it just won't connect.

However if you look at the DELPHI web site they have an add on unit that goes on the collumn or onto the rack providing electric assistance.
I am currentlty trying to obtain further information regarding price and availability as I am very interested in purchasing something along these lines but as DELPHI are based in the US it is proving difficult.
Try looking at the folowing link and let me know how you get on.

I'm also curious as to an "add on unit". I work for Saturn so I'm aware of the Delphi unit. It appears this would work well, but didn't see that Delphi sells a stand alone unit.
This type set up would be ideal for hot rodders looking for that extra space under the hood and the little added extra horse power.
Thanks,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back