Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microgrid Power Metering Options - EATON Meters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbawn

Electrical
Jan 12, 2021
CA
Dear All,

I was hoping to get some tips on metering devices that could be used to monitor and log energy consumption in a small (150 kW) microgrid. Eaton IQ 100/200 series meters have been recommended. This is a remote microgrid but internet and mobile signal is available on site. Ideally, we would like to have a system set up that allows for realtime and historical meter data to viewed remotely through a web interface. Does anybody have any tips on suitable systems that could be used? Our initial solution was to connect the Eaton meter to a laptop in the power room that would log the data. That laptop could then be logged into using a remote desktop application (such as TeamViewer) and the data could be downloaded. Ideally, we would like to avoid having a laptop permanently onsite. Is there another simple low cost option?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lately (last couple years) have been installing a lot of meters from these three companies, all with features I think you're looking for,
Acuvim, PQube, Shark Meters,
The Eaton IQ100 is a repackaged Shark Meter, and I think uses Eaton's software

A number of the local small commercial battery and solar suppliers in my area have been using the Acuvim II for their metering and data collection, almost all directly connected to internet for remote data and monitoring.

Hope that helps, MikeL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back