Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Micrologix 1100 Memory Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeItSpin

Electrical
Feb 7, 2003
US
I have a dead Micrologix 1100 that has a memory module installed. Will a new identical processor work by just swapping out the module or does the new one have to be configured first? IP, configuration, etc?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Seems like an ideal question for the manufacturer's applications engineers

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

If you have data stored on it that needs to go into a new PLC, the new PLC must have the same firmware revision. The MMI stores that inside, so if the new one is different, it's a mismatch and is ignored.

I think...

"You measure the size of the accomplishment by the obstacles you had to overcome to reach your goals" -- Booker T. Washington

Your question presumes that the memory module has the program code and data backed up on it. If, and only if. your programs are backed up would you be able to transfer to a new controller. This is per:
MicroLogix 1100 Programmable Controllers Bulletin 1763 Controllers and 1762 Expansion I/O

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

Of course I can. I can do anything. I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert!
There is a homework forum hosted by engineering.com:

Thank you for the link. The complete answer is there.

I find the Rockwell site rather impenetrable and wasn't able to find that on my phone out here in 3g land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back