Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Laser Mouse 6000 settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsPawn

Electrical
Dec 27, 2002
US
I have been unable to determine the SW specific mouse settings of my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. My problem is that I seem to be unable to get the MMB to allow me to rotate the model by simply clicking and holding nor to drag the model with CTL + MMB. The wheel will zoom in and out without a problem I am running a Dell Precision M70, Pentium M 1.86 GHz, 1GB of RAM. The video card is a NVIDIA Quadro FX Go 1400 w/256MB. I am running Windows XP w/SP@, and SW2006 with SP3.0

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use a MicroSoft IntelliMouse Explorer. I had a similar problem. Here's my fix... see if simething like this might work for you:

Get to your MOUSE PROPERTIES dialog box... START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL. Under the WHEEL tab, in the WHEEL TROUBLESHOOTER box, click ADVANCED. Then DISABLE ALL INTELLIPOINT SOFTWARE WHEEL SUPPORT... Add SolidWorks to the list of programs.

Apparently, SolidWorks manages the wheel & is in conflict with the mouse drivers... go figure.

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP02.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp
www.Tate3d.com

FYI...
I just wrote a FAQ for this... Searched first, but didn't find one similar.

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP02.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp
www.Tate3d.com

Thanks TateJ,

I had those settings for the mouse with one difference. In the Advanced settings I setting the middle(wheel) mouse button to "click" and it works ... sometimes. No rhyme or reason, but sometimes by left clicking near the model and then wheel click and hold will work. Sometimes it doesn't ... I had a similar problem some time ago with my main workstation and the first Microsoft wireless desktop. I think the issue may be the response time to the wireless mice but not sure.

KingsPawn

I have the full-size wireless laser mouse 6000 (not notebook 6000 mouse), and I haven't had any issues with it and Solidworks. Are you running the latest drivers (Intellipoint 5.4)? On the "Button" tab I have the "Enable Program-Specific Settings" checked. On the settings button, I added SW, and the middle-button is AutoScroll.

Flores
SW06 SP3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back