Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Microsoft Word text into Autocad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhouston

Civil/Environmental
Jul 24, 2003
US
Is there any way to insert Microsoft Word text into a AutoCAD drawing clean and be linked without using the Ole Object? It never comes in clear that way and it's like a picture instead of text. If you know, feel free to respond to me at "mike.hall@infra-assoc.com" and thanks for your time.

And is there any way to link a whole full size drawings of general notes in a Microsoft Word into an AutoCAD drawing?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
You open in ACad Mtext and copy the section you want on winword and adjust text in Mtext dialog , use like word. And when you finish if you make dwg small just explode mtext to text.
Hope you will success.
cad123

Linked text .... hmmmm?
I believe OLE object is the only linked manner you have availble. At least in terms .... of ...
You having a word document and you updated in WORD and then have it automatically update in AutoCAD. [neutral]

I'm aware there is a "Windows Clipboard" limitation. But you can always insert (OLE Obeject method) the word document as many times as you need unitl the document completes a complete picture in AutoCAD. [rednose]

I believe this is what your refferring to interms of "clean insertion". [sadeyes]

However, VBA might be a solution to link a word document to AutoCAD. Not sure ... hmmm ...

Maybe some one here can it from there with some ... extensive coding in VBA.

Sorry in advance if that didn't help.
Rich

If you used autocad 2000 & above,you can directly highlight the ms word text object & paste it to autocad drawing (but must used special paste).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back