Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Microstation help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUS28

Geotechnical
Dec 7, 2006
US
Hi!!! My name is Gustavo, I am from colombia S.A.
I am working with the SC.DOT, and they use Microstation and I know Autocad and land desk-top (CAD). And some times I get lost.

I need know what I have to do to import or insert a *.dgn file in an other *. dgn file.

Thanks, for your help.

Gus28

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are using Microstation there is a reference command that you will need to use. Make sure both drawings are on the same coords. Follow me...go to file>click on reference this will bring up a dialog box. There are many tools to use here you can scale, move, even scale and change colors, but that is more advanced. Click on tools and click on attach. This will bring up a file dialog box so you just pick you file and it will place it.
Regards,
Namdac

Hello, I am a 20 year Microstation/Intergraph user, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to figure out why in some .DGN files my dimension elements drop to base elements upon placing them. I have looked high & low but can't seem to find a setting or lock or attribute toggle to fix this. I've only recognized this problem since V8 has come along. Can anyone out there help? Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back